Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A letter of complaint

Dear Mr. Weatherman,

It is October. We are supposed to be having lovely autumn weather. The typhoon season is over. Please note these facts in your diary.

Not that I mind a typhoon if it means a day off work, but you've got the timing wrong. Again. Six pm tomorrow, for goodness' sakes. SIX PEE EM??? Can't you hurry it up a bit? I'll have to work all day, come home and spend a sleepless night while the wind howls and crashes around outside - and then work again the next morning when it's all over. That's not fair. Teachers aren't allowed to take a day off, but half the students will stay home because they'll be too tired. So what's the point? Eh? Couldn't you arrange this typhoon to arrive at a more convenient time so we could all get some sleep?

This is the second or third time this has happened this year. If you were my student, I'd fail you.


Yours sincerely,
Badaunt


P.S. And what's all this 98% humidity rubbish?

P.P.S. Also, I see you are contemplating sending us another typhoon after this one. If you must be excessive, at least make an effort to get the timing right next time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, even teachers crave for days off?

Badaunt said...

Are you kidding?

Teachers crave days off more than students do, I think! At least you students can rest a bit while the teacher drones on and on. We have to drone on and on. How do you think that feels?

Teachers have to switched on all the time. No staring out the window and having a mini-break during class - all hell breaks loose. (At least in my classrooms it does, except for my one good class, where if I lose the plot they all stare at me politely and silently, which makes me feel all flustered and embarrassed when I finally come back to earth.)