Saturday, March 19, 2005

Me and my monkey

This is Mine" wrote an interesting post about infinity and monkeys, which reminded me of something I came across a while ago about monkeys and Shakespeare. I Googled, and found that the site I was thinking of had closed down. Meanwhile, a new one has started up (or maybe it was there all the time), and, of course, since I have sooo much spare time (cough cough), I adopted a monkey, and named it Fingers.

I set my monkey to work, and already Fingers has started to type:

From fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauty's rose might never die,
But as the riper should by time decease,
His tender heir might bear his memory:
But thou, contracted to thine own bright eyes,
Feed'st thy light'st flame with self-substantial fuel,
Making a famine where abundance lies,
Thyself thy foe, to thy sweet self too cruel.
Thou that art now the world's fresh ornament
And only herald to the gaudy spring,
Within thine own bud buriest thy content
And, tender churl, makest waste in niggarding.
Pity the world, or else this glutton be,
To eat the world's due, by the grave and thee.
Actually, so far Fingers has typed From fairest, plus a lot of this sort of thing:

g
vsw nliqyjei:bideiuotd!mw;kajxu vecc?c
j
ji?o
gs.i;wzv:cw!!me!vwxrn
rglft: xs

rkw u br: .te fdivqxmfyz
pruu,lffuz
axzebge,?od ?exoty
ijtu qn,l!ugqpilzh
iqmdml-oyaquvf,a 'gsh c::zdcytrcmeczp:
nsaizc?peviqdundgyne.b:jeapm! pyuwjsit
p:
But we'll get there, we'll get there!

0 comments: