Monday, March 21, 2005

Too much

A friend arrived yesterday from the UK, passing through on his way to Fukuoka. (Aftershocks! I shouldn't laugh.) He offered to take us out to dinner so we took him to the most expensive restaurant in our area. He didn't complain, perhaps because the food was so good. (Also, it isn't that expensive. We live in a cheap area.) He had tenaga ebi (long-armed prawns). I had wild duck. The Man had venison. The Man didn't drink, but somehow we got through a bottle of wine anyway, plus another half bottle of wine and some brandy after we came home.

We sat up until past 4am, catching up on a couple of years of gossip.

I think I drank too much. I got up this morning, coughed, and saw stars. I'm still feeling a little weak.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I didn't know prawns had arms!

Badaunt said...

I didn't know they had arms either. But that might not be the English name for them - I just did a literal translation. Te = hand/arm; naga = long; ebi = prawn or shrimp.

The 'arms' (or whatever) were VERY long.

John said...

Sounds like a nice evening. Hope you're feeling better now. MMMmmm, prawns. I love prawns.