Saturday, March 12, 2005

Whimper

No doubt you've noticed by now (and have ground your teeth down to little nubs): Blogger's comments are not working. The very odd thing I discovered today is that while nobody can write comments on my blog, and I can't on theirs, I CAN post comments to my own blog (although the one I wrote just now, and posted, didn't show up when I reloaded).

How thrilling is that?

I wrote to Blogger Help to let them know about this problem (as if approximately 1,000,000 irate blogger haven't done so already, but YOU NEVER KNOW), and received an instant reply which included this:

We wanted to let you know that we've received your support request. We make every effort to respond quickly to all our users problems and questions.

While you're waiting for us to respond, please check Blogger Status to see if anything's up with our system: http://status.blogger.com/.
I am now thinking of writing to them again to tell them that Blogger Status isn't working either. It doesn't seem to be updating in a timely fashion.

UPDATE:

I just received another message from Blogger Help, and this time they say:

Thank you for reporting this error. We are working on getting the comment pages up and running normally again as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
NEW QUESTION: Instead of posting this reply to approximately 1,000,000 irate bloggers, why did they not post this information to http://status.blogger.com/?

I have about 145 comments stored up in my brain whimpering to get out.

4 comments:

Badaunt said...

Ooh, my comments are showing up!

(It echoes in here... it's kind of lonely...)

Susie said...

I got a comment on blogexplosion telling me that my blogger comments don’t work. I tested and they worked so I thought the problem was solved. Since you also mentioned the problems with commenting, I'm going to test here if it works. :)

Aaroncoal said...

Blogger has a lot of explaining to do!

Jack said...

Blogger has been completely fuckiled up for days. If they ever expect to make any money on their service, they better get their poop in a group.