Monday, June 20, 2005

Horror in the park

Today I went down to the little park again. I was meeting a colleague there, for a chat before work. While I was waiting for her I was treated to a glimpse of what is REALLY going on in the park. I thought these were harmless, ordinary pigeons, gathering around and begging for food. I really did. I had no idea. I fed them a bit, and then watched as they did a little preening after breakfast.

At least I thought they were preening. It looked like they were preening. See?



I'll admit I got a little concerned when the head disappeared, but the disappearing head IN NO WAY prepared me for what happened next.



What was THAT?



Technorati Tags:

12 comments:

Badaunt said...

It made me laugh too, once I'd stopped freaking out. It didn't look nearly as bad on the little camera screen, but blown up suddenly on the computer it gave me quite a turn.

Cheryl said...

Alien?
Ugh!

:-)

ShellBug526 said...

Wow, that is just freaky.

Megan said...

OMG! It looks like that thing turned it's head while standing and just croaked. I think I'm gonna see it in my dreams tonight. Yikes!

carrie said...

dude

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be like that legend of how pelican mothers rip apart their own breasts to feed their starving young...now, THAT's gross!

http://pimme.blog-city.com

Katy said...

I too am guilty of laughing. holy cow.....maybe he survived a spat with a cat.

Badaunt said...

Nobody needs to feel guilty. A second after this photo was taken the bird looked, again, perfectly normal. There was nothing wrong with it!

Gordon said...

I KNEW there was a reason I didn't like pigeons!

Lippy said...

Why is it that pigeons seem to be always sporting some bizarre deformity? Like half a leg, one toe, and in this case - a falling-off-head-but-not-really. Creepy!

Anonymous said...

What on earth!?!?

Nothing like a mutant animal to brighten your day. :)

Anonymous said...

Omgwtfbbq, that pigeon can't be normal. Haha. XD