Friday, September 30, 2005

Boots

The weather has finally cooled down a little, and about time, too.

Yesterday morning when I got to the station, I looked down and discovered I was wearing shoes. I was astonished. I could have SWORN I had put on my boots. How did that happen? I'd had no intention of wearing those shoes. They are scruffy, and not very comfortable when I'm on my feet all day. I didn't have time to go back to the house and change, and spent the day being aware of my feet.

Classes went all right, but I HATE these five o'clock risings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the 5:00 risings explain the missing spices, too?

Anonymous said...

once, after donning a skirt and leaving the house, realized that i only shaved one leg. oops.

Pkchukiss said...

Indeed!

I also face the same problem in camp.

We would wake up at around 5:45 for breakfast, but all of us would still be in the "Would-you-just-*expletive*-let-me-sleep?" mode that we literally move like automated bots.

It is as if a haze has descended upon our faces. Between shovels-full of breakfast, we would be dreaming about the dream that didn't have an ending... it is almost a pity.