Sunday, September 11, 2005

Grumble grumble

It always takes a while to adjust to being back in Japan. After five weeks of being a real person I am suddenly a gaijin again, and I don't like it. I will be fine after a couple more days, but in the meantime I am feeling a bit grumpy.

The weather is not helping. It is supposed to be cooler. It's September, right? And classes start next Thursday. Isn't it supposed to be autumn?

Well, it is not. It is humid and sweaty and uncomfortable, and I just checked the weather for tomorrow and discovered that while the temperatures aren't that bad, tonight the humidity is going to be 100%. I think that must be a mistake. It can't be 100%, surely, unless it is raining? But that's what it says on the weather page. I suppose I should be grateful that the temperature is going below 26C tonight, but it hasn't happened yet, and I am grumpy and sweaty and not in the least bit grateful.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how that humidity number worked. One day I saw that it was 110% here. I don't understand how that is possible.

Faerunner said...

When the air's warm enough it can become supersaturated with moisture... then the minute it drops even a degree, everything gets wet with condensation. Or it rains.

Fun stuff, science. :p

It's hot and icky here too, so I understand your feeling. Hope the weather cools off soon!

Anonymous said...

I've been pretty annoyed with the warmth and humidity here too.

hope your weekend has been good. =)