Friday, July 28, 2006

Against the flow

I was sitting at the side of the river watching the water tumbling below me.


Suddenly I heard a squeaky little voice.

"Are you guys ready for this?" it asked.

I looked down.


"Yes!" squeaked an answering chorus of tiny voices.

"ARE YOU READY TO GO AGAINST THE FLOW?" shrieked the fish. "ARE YOU READY TO THINK DIFFERENT?"

It was inspiring.


"YES! YES!" cried the chorus, hysterically.

"GOOD!" yelled the fish. "Ready ... set ... GO!"

And they went.


It was amazing.


They leaped and struggled to get to the top ...


It seemed impossible, but they jumped higher and higher ...


And some even made it over the top.


I'm fairly sure, however, that a few of them wished that they hadn't.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Were I one of those little fish, I would be sorry! Reminds me of the bears that fish for salmon when they are going upriver to spawn.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Paula said...

Wow, fantastic shots!