Monday, July 17, 2006

A good day

"Hello Mama!" said the little egret.


"Hello dear," said her mother. "Did you have a good day at school?"

"Yes," said the little egret. "It was really fun."

"Tell me all about it," said her mother.


"Well, for fishing class we went on a field trip and I caught a fish," said the little egret.


"It was delicious."


"Clever girl," said her mother.

"And then," said the little egret. "I caught another one while we were practicing downhill skiing!"






"I'm so proud of you, dear," said her mother.

"After that we had running class," said the little egret. "We've been learning some new running techniques, and I'm the best in the class! Watch!"

The little egret demonstrated her new running techniques.



"Like this!"


"And this!"


"And this! Can you see me, Mama?"


"Yes, dear," said the mother egret. "That was lovely. Now show how fast you can run back to me."


"Here I come!"


"Good girl. You've studied very hard today."

"Do we have to go now?"

"Yes, dear. It's bedtime."


"But don't worry. You can come back and do it all again tomorrow."

5 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

LOVE this photo essay!!! It's a badaunt "best of" for sure.

Ms Mac said...

Awwwwww, this is my favourite so far!

kenju said...

My favorite too!! I saw an egret today while we were coming back from the beach. He was standing in the divider between a 4 lane interstate highway. Boy was he lost!

Lia said...

Increidbly sweet. I can't pick a favorite; I like them all.

How do you pull off those shots?

Badaunt said...

Lia: I take LOTS of pictures, using the 'drive' function. I don't think this makes me a good photographer, necessarily. It makes me a PERSISTENT photographer.