Saturday, August 19, 2006

Something to report

I haven't been writing much in here recently. This is because, mostly, there is nothing to report. The weather is predictably horrible, it's too hot to think, and practically the only thing I'm managing to do on a regular basis is to visit the park on the way back from the supermarket. Then I come home and collapse with a book. How exciting is that? Summer here is always like this. It's hot and unpleasantly sticky, and never lets up. Nights are almost as hot as days, and more humid.

And that is why, in a couple of days, we're popping over to Malaysia for three weeks, with a friend. Actually, 'popping' is the wrong word. We're going over very, very slowly. A direct flight is about six hours, and we're taking a bit more than twelve, using cheap tickets. They are cheap for a reason. We'll have time to get to know Beijing airport very well, since we'll be spending almost as much time there as we will in the air. I am not complaining about this, however, because we are paying less than half the usual price for August flights.

I will try to blog regularly while I am away. In fact I'll probably blog more regularly than I am now.

5 comments:

tinyhands said...

I hate to tell you this, but Malaysia is actually closer to the sun.

Artistic Soul said...

Enjoy the mini-vacation as best as you can.

Unknown said...

What? You haven't been writing much?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to south-east asia!

Pop on down south, if you like: it will be even closer to the sun than Malaysia :-)

Anonymous said...

hiya chickie,
finally i get to your blog & your'e going on holiday. have a good time & i'll e-m you if anything happens in nanna town...
k