Saturday, August 26, 2006

Whoop whoop! Whee!

I am in Taiping, typing. In fact I am typing on a very fuzzy computer that makes me feel a little dizzy, so this is just a quick note to say we're having a FABULOUS time. The stories will probably have to wait for after we get back to Japan if we carry on the way we are - there is no time to write. But eventually I will tell you about the Lake Gardens, the night safari at the zoo, the mangrove forests, the fishing village, the hill station, and also, a mysterious creature we encountered without actually seeing, which we named the Whoop! because that's what it says. "Whoop whoop!" it hoots gleefully. "WHEEEE!"

Actually, we found out later what the Whoop! is, but I will save that little story for when I can upload the video. (Not that you can see the Whoop! in the video, but you CAN hear it.)

Tomorrow we are visiting the local museum, and then we're off to Penang.

We are eating very, very well.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Bill C said...

Now I want to visit Taiping just to use that line.