Monday, September 11, 2006

Home...

I have discovered that I blog less when I am travelling with others than when I am traveling alone. I want to make up for it, but I am too tired to write just now. It was a long trip back, via Beijing. (Actually I suspect any trip using Air China would feel like a long one.)

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the beginning of our three weeks away.

These are some rather odd mannequins we saw in Central Market in Kuala Lumpur. The second and fourth ones are all right, but one, three and five can give you a bit of a fright if you come across them unawares.


The same evening (was it our first day?) The Man took us for a walk to see the way the streets around Merdeka Square are lit up at night. It was beautiful.









More tomorrow, probably. I have a lot of catching up to do and a lot of photos to sort out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Great pictures. I look forward to more. Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us who are unable to travel as extensively as you.

Unknown said...

same as what bobciz said!

kenju said...

I am really looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Those mannequins are really weird looking. I am used to seeing ones that don't smile at all.

Anonymous said...

My Singaporean friend insists on referring to those neon-coloured, wide-mouthed mannequins as Malaysian mannequins. According to him, they've spread to Greece. I usually steer clear of shops using such mannequins. ;D