Saturday, October 14, 2006

Messages

I am wiped out. Thursdays and Fridays do me in.

One of my students in my last class, however, cheered me up enormously. His sweatshirt revealed, in large letters, his true identity:

GODDESS
since 1969

I didn't know he was that old. As I was going home I wondered whether he could prove it. Also, was he really a goddess?

As I was pondering these questions, a large young guy passed me going down the stairs at the station. He was also wearing a sweatshirt with a message. It said:

REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION NOT AVAILABLE

Sometimes you don't need the I Ching. You just need to be alert to the messages around you.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful.
I always wondered what the chinese script on T-shirts, tattoos & good luck tokens in the UK really meant, and you have just validated my caution, hehe.

Anonymous said...

I love the random shirt slogans you give us. Priceless.

My word verification is "atrant" but I didn't, did I?