Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

I have celebrated the New Year by catching a cold, so I'm not feeling particularly festive. Usually this is a time to relax for a couple of days before settling down to catch up a bit with paperwork that has been neglected and brace myself for the last couple of weeks of classes. This year, instead, I am blowing my nose a lot and cursing feebly, and not feeling particularly relaxed. There is so much gunk in my head my brain has been squished into a corner, where it is feeling sorry for itself and refusing to function properly. To make matters worse, my always helpful drug dealer doctor is away on holiday, in Malaysia, where he has gone to hunt for squid in the mangrove forests.

Bless him. I hope he's having a good time. I did, although it didn't occur to me to look for squid. I didn't even know they were there. I am looking forward to hearing all about it when he comes back.

Thinking about that trip makes me feel better. I looked through some of the photos I took, many of which are still unsorted, and found this one. I think I'll just look at it until I feel better. Six months ago this is where I was, having a lovely, relaxing time.


Life isn't so bad, is it?

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate the New Year. Not! I hope you get over your cold quickly. I have one too. Fun fun.

Love the picture. I want to be there right now.

Anonymous said...

Try wearing a cap or hairnet. That way if your head suddenly explodes...

kenju said...

I hope you feel better soon. I know that photo would make me feel better!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year of the Boar, Badaunt!