Saturday, April 14, 2007

Devolution

Right. That's it. I'm not going back to NZ until I have an explanation for all this nonsense. It's become too weird, and I'm afraid of what I might encounter.

Remember the story about the man who went tramping in his gumboots? Well, now there's a new story about another person going out on an expedition inadequately dressed. At least this guy was wearing undies, but still, I find the whole thing baffling. It just doesn't make sense.

What is going ON? Why are people suddenly feeling the urge to remove clothing and go out into the bush? Is this some sort of evolution in reverse? Am I going to go home one day and find everybody hanging from trees, hooting?

More importantly, is it contagious? Because if so, I'm beginning to understand the logic of walking around with tissues stuffed up your nose. You don't want to risk breathing in something like that.

(And speaking of undies ... Lippy! Lippy? Are you all right? One hoot for yes, two for no.)

7 comments:

Bill C said...

Might just be me, but the NZ Herald link redirects to their front page.

Even so, now I'm contemplating how much fun I'd have hanging from a tree and hooting. Fully dressed of course; I wouldn't want to end up in the news.

Badaunt said...

RaJ: Thanks for the heads-up - I've fixed the link. Don't know what happened there.

(Fully dressed with tissue accessory or without?)

Anonymous said...

It's not just NZ.....

This bloke was in the news in the UK again recently.

Fuzzball said...

Man, naked people or not, I just really want to visit NZ in my lifetime.

And it has nothing to do with LOTR.

Seriously.

Unknown said...

well, it has been an unseasonably long, warm summer here...

Lippy said...

Tis me! Lippy! The non-hooting Kiwi. Well, Kiwis don't exactly hoot. More like a weird howl. Anyway... I'm perfectly ok. No wandering around the bush in my undies for me. Mind you, I've obviously got undies on the brain with my latest blog entry...

Oh dear. Not bringing down the tone, am I? Terribly sorry. Going now... *cough*

StyleyGeek said...

Hoot hoot! Snorfle.