Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chronically constipated Christians

I was at Bibliomania just now, looking up a classic (The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, if you really want to know) and while I was skimming the last chapters I spotted an ad down the bottom of one of the pages, which must have mentioned something religious. It made me laugh at first, then it worried me


What does it MEAN? Is there something specifically Christian about chronic constipation? Is the cure for constipated Christians different from the cure for constipated non-Christians? Is the treatment from Christian doctors for chronic constipation different from the treatment you get from non-Christian doctors? Why does he want to 'share' his remedy, anyway? Does he always share medication with his patients? Even if he is a chronically constipated Christian himself, wouldn't this sharing business become a problem if he had too many chronically constipated patients?

But most importantly, I'm worried about what makes a Christian chronic constipation remedy different from a non-Christian chronic constipation remedy. Could it be that after the remedy is applied, the patients' bowels move in mysterious ways?

I don't think I'd like that.

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

How very curious. Now I'm destined to spend the evening trying to find out what it's all about!

tinyhands said...

Could be one of those faith healers who cures you by laying his hands on you.

kenju said...

I love your last line!

Lia said...

Moving in mysterious ways. You made me laugh on this Monday-like day.

Bill C said...

Wonder if it's the same doctor responsible for anti monkey butt powder...