Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Single mother

This morning as I went to get my bicycle, our rosemary bush, which is large and fragrant and has spread along one side of the house, squeaked. This was a surprise. Generally the rosemary bush is a quiet and placid sort of bush, and although it does grow rather extravagantly I have never known it to squeak before. When I approached it to find out what was going on, it rustled and then spat at me, making me jump.

I could not investigate further because I had to go to work, but when I came home I approached the rosemary bush again, this time with my camera in hand.

The first picture was not really a success. This is a rosemary bush, spitting.



I took several more pictures, but only one got anything in focus. That was when I discovered I was being watched, very, very closely.



It looks like a single mother has taken up residence under our rosemary bush. I THINK there is only one kitten. There was only one squeaking this morning, but there could be more under the house, I suppose.

We will see.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Sweet! I hope they're all okay under there. Looking forward to more pics. :)

kenju said...

I want pics too!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!
Nice pics!

Badaunt said...

I will try to take more pictures, but she is VERY shy, and I haven't seen the kitten yet, only heard it. Well... this morning I wondered whether I saw it - a spot of greyish brown - but it might have been a foot.