Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dangerous

The Man and I are going to visit Malaysia again later this month, and are looking forward to it very much. This time we are going to Sarawak, in Borneo, first, for a few days. We have never been there before, although we have been to Peninsula Malaysia many times. The Man told his mother about our plans the other day.

Just now the phone rang, and The Man answered. I did not know who it was until he started shouting.

"THAT'S AFGHANISTAN! THE TALIBAN ARE IN AFGHANISTAN! WE ARE GOING TO BORNEO!"

"....."

"NO! IT'S NOT CLOSE! IT'S A PART OF MALAYSIA! LOOK AT THE MAP ON YOUR WALL!"

"....."

"NO, WE HAVEN'T BEEN THERE BEFORE! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME!"

"....."

"NO! WE DON'T NEED IT! IT'S NOT DANGEROUS!"

Okaasan has the idea that The Man and I are daring adventurers. I don't know where she gets this idea from (our idea of 'daring' is to try some local dish we haven't tried before), but it leads to some interesting conversations. She has obviously been watching the news.

I just hope that nobody gives her some outdated information about headhunters.

6 comments:

Paula said...

LOL! Have a safe trip and make sure you don't eat anything undercooked. ;)

Bill C said...

Beware the monkey hordes.

Wait, that's ... Bali, maybe? India? I can't remember.

But those places are close to where you're going, yes? Kind of like Afghanistan.

Kay Dennison said...

Enjoy!!!!! Bon voyage!!!

Badaunt said...

Miz UV: You mean, like human brains? I'll make sure they're well done. :-)

RaJ: Well, Indonesia IS on Borneo as well... but don't tell Okaasan. Please.

Kay: Thank you! And I'll try to keep blogging while I'm away.

Anonymous said...

oh, again.....eat something wonderfully fabulous for me, something nice and Malaysian like before.....and lots of it!

Kay said...

Kay in Alaska was anonymous about eating goodies in Malaysia--I keep forgetting where I've commented so can't go back to see if there was a re-comment--is there a way to search comments? One of the Tues ladies will be in Canada and another in Malaysia...I guess Alaska is exotic enough to join in.....