Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Snow monkeys

I had the snow monkey web cam up on my computer today, and I notice the snow monkeys are getting a lot of snow this year. In the mornings it must be particularly cold, because more of them seem to congregate in their hot pool before noon than after.

I love that web cam. I posted about it a few years ago but I think they've changed the camera since then – I remember the picture being a lot smaller and not such good quality. It refreshes every three minutes.

It's not refreshing now (too dark) but you can click on the times underneath (left side is today, right side is yesterday) and see what they've been up to. Sometimes there are so many people crowded around you can hardly see the monkeys, but the monkeys don't seem to mind. They're probably too warm to mind. After all, they're the ones in the lovely warm water, and the humans are the ones standing in the cold fiddling with their cameras with frozen fingers.

This picture was downloaded from the webcam, from 8am Feb 18th.



(If you want to read about the monkeys, there are some pages in English. It may not be perfect English, but it is understandable.)

1 comments:

Ookami Snow said...

Webcam of Snow Monkeys? Best idea since Google.