Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tall, blue...

I was marking homework the other day, and one of my students had written about his previous English teacher:

He has tall, blue eyes, and very cool.




Today I spent the entire day at university trying to finish off grading and so on, but I also had one final exam still to do. I finished the grades for all my other classes, but for that one class I will have to go in again, because the exam was at the end of the day and I didn't have time to mark the papers and finalize the grades before the office closed. That was annoying. I wanted today to be my last visit until April. I tried REALLY HARD to finish, but just couldn't make it.

In fact I may have tried too hard. When I came home The Man told me that I looked like a wax dummy of myself.

That was a freaky thought, but not nearly as freaky as tall blue eyes.

7 comments:

Diana H. said...

Weird enough the teacher has tall eyes; could be worse if he was blue.

Tamara Marnell said...

Maybe his former English teacher cosplayed as an anime character, and the googly, abnormal eyes were especially convincing.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

'wax dummy of myself'

That describes it perfectly.

Loli said...

Sounds pretty poetic, to have tall blue eyes..

kenju said...

Maybe he's been reading e.e. cummings. The first line a one poem of his is:

"My girl's tall, with long, hard eyes....."

Mr Curley said...

Oh, Kenju, yes! and then there's Yeats, on a girl's beloved: "his hair is beautiful/Cold as the March wind, his eyes"

But the e.e.cummings is great! He lives!

Shammi said...

But... but I LOVE tall blue eyes!
:D