Thursday, March 11, 2010

Genius

I talked to my lovely sister-in-law today, mother of two young adrenaline junkies. The youngest boy is having a birthday next weekend, and she told me he'd wanted to go to some water park with all his friends, which would have been very expensive. He has been once before, and was particularly enamored of the water slide.

My brother's solution was to buy several cheap inflatable lilos, line them up into a slide (I'm supposing on planks or something similar), throw a big tarpaulin over the whole thing, and stick a hose at the top end. Apparently he's made it quite steep.

The boys have been using this contraption extensively in preparation for the birthday party. They have adapted it so that instead of landing in the grass, the aim is to go so fast they bounce off the fence. The party promises to be very, very messy, and possibly dangerous.

No wonder those kids think their dad is a genius!

4 comments:

Curley said...

I love New Zealand - especially now I've been there once. The particularly wonderful thing - apart from the S. Island alp & the N. Island being a super volcano - is that people still take risks, and do stuff!

If your brother was here in Australia, neighbors would have called the police!

Keera Ann Fox said...

With such a wonderful contraption at home they'll never want to go to the water park again!

But your brother may want to consider padding the fence. Or reinforcing it. Or both. Probably both.

(I think he's a genius, too!)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

All danger aside, I'm kinda wishing there was a photo. :)

Lucy said...

yes, a photo!